Monochrome LED optic modules
The monochrome LED light engines are designed for use with LightCrafter™6500 evaluation modules. The DLP6500 chipset features a 1080p DMD and the DLPC900 controller which is basically different from the high-performance DLP® Discovery™4100 products. The application potential of DLPC900 is focused on two typical use cases:
- video mode: streaming data from a video source (DVI port) at video rate
- pattern mode: display of a static set of preloaded patterns
LightCrafter™ & DMD Chips
ViALUX offers two monochrome LED light engines. Both units are accessories for the LightCrafter™6500 EVMs:
- STAR‑065 EVM Type A for use with DLP®LightCrafter™6500 Type A
- STAR‑065 EVM s6000 for use with DLP®LightCrafter™6500 s600
The two light engines differ in the DMD package and mounting concept.
- UV operation at 405 nm
- Light power densities up to 25 W⁄cm²
- Stable mechanical mount for metrology use
The s600 package is a cost‑efficient model for visible use at > 420 nm wavelength and for moderate light power density.
Delivery and application
The STAR-065 EVM monochrome LED light engines are based upon the STAR CORE optics and integrate a high-power BigChip™ LED including the ViALUX digital LED driver for up to 24 A.
Following wavelength selection is available:
- λ [nm] = 460 ⁄ 525 ⁄ 613/ white
- λ [nm] = 405 for Type‑A package only.
The ViALUX LED driver of the STAR‑065 EVM is controlled by I²C commands for setting the LED current and reading the LED thermistor output. Sample script files are provided for instant use with the LightCrafter™6500 GUI.
The light output is typically 35% less compared to the STAR‑07 due to the smaller active mirror area of the 0.65”DMD with 16:9 aspect ratio.
See STAR-07 Specification for details.